Swim Lessons at Island Grove
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
The general objective of our Lesson Program is to provide an atmosphere where children can learn water skills in a safe and enthusiastic environment. We use the Water and Safety skills outlined by the American Red Cross Progressive Swimming courses as our primary teaching guide. However, we also include our own creative motivational techniques along with a heavy dose of enthusiasm to make sure that the learning is stimulating, stress-free, and fun! When selecting a course of instruction for your child(ren), use their previous Red Cross Courses as a guide. However, please be conservative when signing up for their first course of the summer. Repeating courses (especially at the Water Exploration and Primary Skills levels) can be a very valuable experience, when you consider that swimming skills are best learned through repetition. It is not uncommon for youngsters to stay in the same Red Cross skill level for two sessions.
- Scroll down the page to view all our swimming lessons
- In order to participate in the program your child must be at least 4 years of age before the start of the class.
- Classes are held unless weather conditions threaten the safety of the students and department staff. Classes are not held if there is lightning in the area.
- In the case of extreme inclement weather, classes will be made up the following Friday
- Parents (not participating in lesson) are encouraged to leave the beach area completely. This policy will help the instructor develop the “Trusting Relationships” necessary for the learning process to begin.
- There will be 10 minutes in between each instructor’s lessons. This will allow the instructor to warm up and let parents ask questions if needed.
- All lessons will begin and end promptly on schedule.
- Second session class schedule will be adjusted if needed according to the needs of the memberships.
- At the end of each session those children who have successfully completed all required skills will receive a Red Cross card.
- Registration fees are NOT refundable once lessons begin.
- There will be two 3-week sessions offered this summer.
- Both Level V and VI will be taught together. This is now a five week program.
- For the swim levels description CLICK HERE
- Island Grove Park membership information.
| Swim Sessions |
|Resident, One Session||$90 Member||$110 Non-Member|
|Resident, Two Sessions ||$125 Member||$155 Non-Member|
|Non-Resident, One Session ||$115 Member||$135 Non-Member|
|Non-Resident, Two Sessions ||$175 Member||$205 Non-Member|
Additional Forms and Files: